If you went down to the beach today…May 15, 2016 at 8:18 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
…then first thing this morning you could have seen:
- prams, pushchairs, rubber rings, buckets and excitement
- two magpies (I know what they’re called)
- a robin (another easy one)
- a long-legged sea-bird hiding in the bushes (and which I didn’t know the name of, but neither did the bird, and we agreed not to mind)
- rabbits (unsurprisingly, seeing as I was at the Warren)
- no jellyfish
- a runner, of sorts, leaning into the slope down to the shore, making happy plans for the summer.
And, if you got up even earlier, you’d have seen two swimmers with ice-cream-faces in the water that hasn’t felt the summer yet, thinking about the Keswick tri next week.